Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
1. Controller of the personal data
Prague Fertility Centre s.r.o., IČO: 289 56 095, with the registered office of Milada Horáková 386/63, 170 00 Prague 7, registered in the Commercial Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague under sp. C 155686 as Administrator. You can contact it at: email@example.com
2. Purpose(s) of personal data processing
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes
- Provision of healthcare services
- Reporting covered healthcare services
- Settlement of non-covered healthcare services
- Provision of health information to you and other authorized persons
- Organization of provision of healthcare services (patient appointments)
- Keeping records of our costs and revenues, payments received, and financial management pursuant to tax and accounting regulations
3. Legal basis of personal data processing
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data specified in section II is:
- Compliance with our legal obligation (including but not limited to Act No. 372/2011 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on healthcare services and the conditions of provision thereof; Act No. 48/1997 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on public health insurance; Act No. 563/1991 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on accounting; Act No. 586/1992 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on income tax; Act No. 634/1992, on consumer protection)
- Fulfillment of the obligation under the health care agreement under which we are providing healthcare services to you (this agreement does not have to be in writing)
4. Recipients of personal data
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, recipients of your personal data in specific cases may be, in addition to you: healthcare service provider, public authorities and persons authorized to examine medical documentation pursuant to Section 31, Section 32, Section 33 and Section 65 of Act No. 372/2011 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on healthcare services and the conditions of provision thereof. In addition to the controller, the personal data may be processed for the above purposes also by the processors under personal data processing agreements entered into in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. We do not transfer your personal data to other countries.
5. Period of personal data processing
Personal data contained in the medical documentation is processed for the period defined by Decree No. 98/2012 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on medial documentation. Personal data processed for other purposes specified in section III is processed for the period defined by the law or for the period during which you are our patient and subsequently for the period of one year after you are no longer our patient.
6. Rights of data subjects
When processing the personal data you have the following rights related to the protection of your personal data:
- Right to request from us access to your personal data;
- Right to rectification of your personal data we process;
- Right to restriction of processing. Restriction of processing means that we have to identify your personal data the processing of which has been restricted and must not continue processing it for the period of the restriction, except for storage. You have the right to the restriction of processing if
- You contest the accuracy of the personal data, for the period necessary for us to be able to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of use thereof instead;
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have objected to the processing according to section VII below pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds for the processing override your interests or rights and freedoms;
- Right to erasure of the personal data. The right to erasure of the personal data only applies to thepersonal data which we process for purposes other than provision of healthcare services. We are not allowed to erase the data we keep about you for the purpose of provision of healthcare services (e.g., in the medical documentation);
- Right to data portability. You may request that we provide your personal data to you for the purpose of transfer thereof to another personal data controller or that we transfer your personal data to another personal data controller. You have this right, however, only with respect to the data we process by automated means based on your consent or an agreement with you. The data we keep about you for the purpose of provision of healthcare services (e.g., in the medical documentation), however, may only be provided to you and, under legal conditions, also to another provider of healthcare services or a public authority.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, namely in a situation where you consider that the processing of personal data infringes the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations. You may lodge the complaint with the supervisory authority at the place of your normal residence address, work location, or at the place where the alleged infringement occurred. The supervisory authority in the Czech Republic is Office for Personal Data Protection (Úřad pro ochranu osobních údajů), Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7, www.uoou.cz.
7. Right to object to processing
If we process your personal data on grounds of our legitimate interests or someone else’s legitimate interests (the legal bases are specified in section III) you may object to such processing at any time. You may raise the objection at our address provided in section l. If you raise such objection we will be entitled to continue with such processing only if we provide evidence of relevant legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests or rights and freedoms and also if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
8. Mandatory processing and obligation to provide personal data
Processing your personal data for the purpose of provision of healthcare services is a legal requirement. Non-provision of your personal data may mean that we will be unable to provide healthcare services to you which may result in a harm to your health or direct threat to life (Section 41(1)(d) of Act No. 372/2011 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on healthcare services and the conditions of provision thereof). The obligation to provide the patient’s personal data applies also to the patient’s legal guardian or caretaker (Section 41(2) of Act No. 372/2011 Sb. (Collection of Laws), on healthcare services and the conditions of provision thereof).