My approach to treatment is Transparency. I believe that patients should be fully informed about their treatment options and chances of being pregnant from the start.
Dr. Jan Smrčina is a gynecologist, obstetrician and reproductive medicine
specialist from the faculty of Medicine at Charles University.
He has been treating infertile patients since 2014. In his experience,
advanced maternal age is the biggest fertility challenge our society is facing
nowadays. Women's age is unfortunately a dominant factor when it comes to
conception, however, we support our patients and discuss their options openly at
Ultimate treatment choices are always the patients', with clear understanding
that physicians have the absolute obligation of presenting all available
treatment options to patients with unvarnished outcome prospects but are not
qualified to tell patients how to live their lives.
- 2002–2008 Gynecologist and obstetrician faculty of Medicine at Charles
- 2015 Specialized competence of the Ministry of Health for Gynaecology and
- Licensed Chief physician and primary care physician for Gynaecology and
Obstetrics, ČLK Czech Medical Chamber
- Since 2022 Prague Fertility Center – Fertility Specialist
- 2017 – 2022 FertilityPort, Prague – Fertility Specialist,
- 2014 – 2017 IVF CUBE, Prague – Fertility Specialist
- 2008–2015 Thomayer Teaching hospital, Prague, Department of Gynaecology
and Ostetrics – consultant
His publications involve subjects such as freeze-all strategy in IVF
treatment and quality management.